11 Signs You're Settling for an Ordinary MarriageAug 29, 2022
We talk a lot about having an ordinary marriage. None of us signed up for ordinary. We learn to settle for it over time. Here are a few indicators that you could be in an ordinary marriage.
1. You think that the absence of conflict equals the presence of intimacy.
2. You find yourself keeping certain details of conversations or events from your spouse.
3. You say you forgive but you are really resentful.
4. You care more about being right than being one with your spouse.
5. When you get dressed in the morning, you are hoping that certain person at work notices you.
6. You look for opportunities to run errands, do chores, or work late so you can spend less time at home.
8. Sexual intimacy is rarely offered or pursued.
9. You are more emotionally connected to another person than you are your spouse.
10. You can’t remember the last time you had a conversation of substance that wasn’t an argument.
11. You haven’t gone on a date with just your spouse in over three months.
This list doesn’t mean that you’re marriage is horrible. This list means that your marriage is drifting. You don’t avoid these things by accident. You choose to avoid this list. You make a decision every day to walk in the other direction of this list. We are here to help you avoid this list. You don’t have to walk alone.
We’re here. More importantly, God is here. He is fighting for you today. Fight for your marriage.