The Only OneAug 29, 2022
Have you ever felt like you were the only one?
My guess is that today, at some point, The Enemy will try to convince you that you are the only one. You are all alone. No one else can relate to what you feel. No one else understands what you are going through. You are the only one.
- You are the only one that is fearful
- You are the only one that is depressed
- You are the only one that is insecure
- You are the only one has marriage problems
- You are the only one that lusts
- You are the only one that lies
- You are the only one that is addicted
- You are the only one that has feelings for someone that isn’t their spouse
- You are the only one that loses their temper
- You are the only one that makes the same mistakes over and over again
- You are the only one that can’t control their alcohol
- You are the only one says one thing and does another
That is the lie we buy into isn’t it? We are all alone. No one else feels what we feel. No one else has done what we have done. You are the only one that struggles with what you struggle with.
When we buy into the lie that we are all alone we set ourselves up for a life of pretending. What is so ironic is that the more we believe that we are the only one that feels what we feel or struggles with that we struggle with…the more isolated we become. It is almost a self-fulfilling prophesy.
The truth today is YOU ARE NOT ALONE. You are not the only one. Don’t allow your heart to be robbed of the life God has planned for you today buying into this lie.
You are not alone. You don’t have to hide. There is hope.
For the person that feels like they are all alone today. Here are two Scriptures to lean on.
1 Corinthians 10:13– No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he’ll never let you be pushed past your limit; he’ll always be there to help you come through it.
Hebrews 10:15-16– This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
You are not the only one. We are in this together.